Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day

The girls decided to play fairies and found the glitter, which of course, became fairy dust, which of course, got scattered everywhere! At one point it was all over the trampoline (not to mention other places, including Christian!) and Kaiya said, "look the trampoline is red, white, and blue, just like the fourth of July!"

Lydia gave me the perfect reminder of why mothers are so great! She asked me who changed my poopy diapers when I was a baby and I told her that Grandma Hunter did to which she profoundly replied, "She was your mom!!" Yes indeed, and she changed my poopy diapers just as I have changed the poopy diapers of my 5 wonderful children! I sometimes forget that I was once a baby and my mother had to do all the same things with 6 children that I am now doing with mine! Mother's are truly incredible women and I am so incredibly fortunate to be one and to have been surrounded by even more amazing "Mother's"!

I love being a Mother and I had a few "mom" moments this mothers day weekend that made me laugh, scream, and cry! Some of my favorite memories from this weekend: Vacuuming glitter off of Christian; Finding some very inspirational and fun blogs that inspired me to work on my own; The cozy booth Christian and I shared to eat our yummy Bento boxes on our Mother's day date; Still being cool enough to rock it at the thirty seconds to Mars concert; The delicious dinner I prepared the day before so I could eat what I wanted on Mother's day but not have to work hard to enjoy it that day; Waving to my beautiful children while they sang to me on the stand at church; Getting their precious homemade cards and all their hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment